I may be up for taking commissions again in August.
All journal skins come with some essential basics:
- Backgrounds: colors, patterns, or textures
- Custom fonts and styled headers
- Header/footer images
You can then commission specific custom features that you would like included in your journal. Some popular features that I can code are:
- Scroll bars
- Styled Lit and Image Thumbs
- Author avatar (great for group skins)
- Buttons/Social Media Icons
- Custom Boxes
- Special cursors
All skins will also now come with CSS3 transitions (try hovering over the prices below for an example).
Simple Journal Skin
A basic journal skin that is simple and very easy to use. Includes ~1 custom feature.
Regular Journal Skin
A regular journal skin great for everyday, personal use. Includes ~2-3 custom features.
Complex Journal Skin
An awesome journal skin personalized to perfection. Includes 4+ custom features.
Once you have an idea of what you are looking for, you can contact me through comment or note. I will let you know whether your designs are possible (they almost always are) and how much your skin would cost.
I accept both points and PayPal. For points, you may either pay all of it upfront or half at the beginning and half at the end. For PayPal, it is most efficient to pay me everything upfront (I will send you my address).
Please note that I will not be doing any major designing for these journals. I am most happy to offer suggestions and tips to make your journals more visibly pleasing, but I will not be creating designs/art from scratch. Please provide me with all of the resources that your journal will need, including:
- Text: Pick font(s) from Google Fonts and specify size(s) if you have a preference.
- Colors: Please provide the specific HTML color codes (#FFFFFF) you would like for backgrounds and text
- Images: Send me the links to all the images, patterns, or textures you want to use.
- Layout: If you have a design in mind, it is immensely helpful for me if you create a layout of how you would like your journal to look. The more detailed it is, the closer the final journal will look to your design.
Once the design has been finalized, I will start the coding. I will send you multiple live preview journals throughout the coding process so that you can always ask for any changes. All commissioners are encouraged to be as picky as needed so that everything is to their perfection.
Once you are completely satisfied with the live version of your journal, I will finalize the code and send it to you through a zip file or through the premium content platform. I will include a reference sheet of all the features your journal has as well as an HTML guide for more complicated journals.
If your journal ever has any issues (usually due to deviantART's periodic updates) or if you find a bug in your code, please let me know, and I will be more than happy to fix the problems. I am also perfectly willing to do small changes and tweaking to your code if you ever find yourself wanting some adjustments.